Mauser Gewehr 98 (often abbreviated to G98, Gew 98, or M98)
The Gewehr 98, was introduced into German military service in 1898, replacing the Gewehr 1888. The bolt-action design was a refinement of the 1895 design.
Ongoing changes made to the original design included
A nice example of a 1916 dated G98 manufcatured at the Imperial Arsenal DANZIG.
Nearly all matching numbers, see
details below. Bolt body has a matching numbers but may have been remarked,
hard to say for sure,
Correct for an Imperial G98, the receiver / bolt are not blued & has the Lange sight
Production took place at DANZIG from 1899 through 1908 and 1912 through 1918
Regimenatlly Marked 106.R.8.5.
Koniglich Saschisches 7th Infanterie regiment No.106.
Very Good Gondition - Including The Bore