Extremeley Rare - Only 1,743 Produced
Approved for Land Service on 28th April 1916, this was a modification of the SMLE MkIII & Converted MkIV. The only alterations consisted of tubing the barrel & altering the bolt, externally the rifle looks unchanged
When first introduced, the magazine was discarded, in 1925, it was ordered that magazine cases, with out the platform are to be fitted in order to catch spent cases.
All matching numbers (except magazine)
Butt still has the A.G.Parker. (AGP) stamp unnder the wrist.
There is some corrosion contained right at the front of the nose cap only, the bore is mint as new condition
Originally stored in cosmoline preserving this rifle - Just Been Proofed